Tuesday, May 13, 2008

May 13...it's Mother's Day again (KLP thinking of you!)

AUGUSTA, GEORGIA
Have finished day four of the five it will take me to drive from Albuquerque, NM, to Sneads Ferry, NC. It took longer to feel refreshed and rested a little after I got to the motel tonight. I think it is at about this point that I feel always on these cross-country drives (this now is the fourth one I've done in the past 12 months) Good Grief! This is a long drive!!! Thank goodness there's just one more day! At the same time, I'm thankful that it's gone well, that I've been safe, that my car is comfortable, that the weather for me has been good.
I'm too tired to post photos. I'll try to put more on this blog after I've been home a few days.
In case you're looking at this and don't recognize the date, it's four years ago, on May 13th, that our mom moved on to the next world after a short time of illness in Thomasville Medical Center, the town next to where I lived (Lexington) in the middle of North Carolina at that time. For those of you who recognized that date, you were probably there with us. It continues to be one of those amazing family experiences for us all.

No comments: