Saturday, May 10, 2008

On my way to North Carolina

I left Tsaile right after Dine College graduation on Thursday, May 8th. There were hundreds of people there, and I didn't even get to say "good-bye" to many friends I expected to see that day. In some ways that's better. Many of us had already shared that we hope time goes quickly till I return and assurance of prayers for one another, so what more is there to say? Later Thursday, the drive to Albuquerque went very smoothly.
Friday was spent mostly running around with Pearl in Albuquerque, including hours at one of my favorite places to walk around, visit shopkeepers and admire beautiful Native crafts: Old Town Albuquerque.
After breakfast with Pearl and Curt at a great place in Albuquerque, Curt's favorite for breakfast, today was a short drive, relatively, just 288 miles to Amarillo, TX. Before logging in to post this blog, I looked at photos from the last couple weeks. They are very telling of the wonderful experiences that filled the end of this stay on the Navajo Nation. I've let it get too late tonight to do it, but hopefully, tomorrow or the next night I'll post some of the photos ......... fewer words, but great photos!
Tomorrow: Alma, AR
Thanks for checking the blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mom,
We are looking forward to having you back with us here in NC. Drive safe. Happy Mother's Day.
I love you
Joe