Monday, April 21, 2008

new friendships and old friendships renewed


This spring I have gotten to know many new people, and it has been very special to again be with folks who were co-workers and friends back in the first years I was here. Agatha was in charge of Student Services when I was here in the summer of 1989. Since then, she has worked in many different capacities, always focused on serving college students here at Dine College. Bertie was the secretary in the department where I worked from 1990-1993. After that she went on to more education and is so dedicated now as a special education teacher and coordinator in the Chinle district. As mentioned in other blogs, Bertie and I have enjoyed many times together this spring, both Baha'i activities, as well as college and community events. The three of us, Agatha and Bertie and I sat together for the 40th anniversary rededication of the college and then met with other "old time staff members" for our own lunch after we all helped serve lunch to over 500 community members who attended the celebration. Lots of good sharing and laughing. (A few days earlier, I took the training, and I now have a Navajo Nation food handler's certificate.)

No comments: