Thursday, August 21, 2008

Expect to start return drive 8-22-08

Wonderful gathering tonight. Baha'i Feast in West Palm Beach. If I heard right, there are now at least 30 local spiritual assemblies in this area of south Florida. When I became a Baha'i in Plantation, FL, in 1972, there were about six LSA's in the same area. This is just rough memory, but close to right, I think.
Tonight a small dinner was arranged for Gabs and me and a couple other guests. It was really good food and a wonderful thank you for us. I have one new recipe I'm eager to try at home.
We are hoping to leave at 9am in the morning, stop at Edgewater to visit Joan and Ed Mazur and then on to St Augustine. I keep checking weather online (no tv here) and am hoping to mostly be after all the rain from Fay that is still hitting northern FL. Today finally, there was no rain here....very little yesterday.
The next day will be a longer drive from St Augustine to Louis Gregory Baha'i Institute in Hemingway, SC, and then Sunday I hope to leave in enough time to stop in Hampstead at a devotional on my way back to Sneads Ferry.

No comments: