Monday, August 11, 2008

Spread the Hollyhocks




On day one of this trip, I gave away the first of the little baggies of hollyhocks seeds I brought with me, to the woman who works at the recycling center in Sneads Ferry. I noticed that there is a variety of pretty flowers growing near the entrance, around the "office." I asked the woman who is always there, always so pleasant, if she planted all those flowers, and she said Yes. I asked her if she likes hollyhocks. "Yes," again. "Do you have seeds?"
"Just so happens, I do," I said. She was very happy when I went to the trunk of my car and got out a small package of seeds for her. "It's my favorite flower," she said. So now, sometime in the future, when we all make our regular treks to the recycling center in Sneads Ferry, we'll see hollyhocks blooming. (in a year or two anyway.)

No comments: