Thursday, February 7, 2008

Canyon de Chelly



The top photo posted yesterday, taken Tuesday, looks maybe like a lake. It is not. It is looking across the campus before footprints.
I drove to Chinle in the middle of today. I decided to take extra time and go out on the south rim of Canyon de Chelly. I'm so glad I did. I imagine there was even more snow a couple days ago, but it sure is beautiful still. The weather remains cold, and, although the roads are mostly all clear, there is still a lot of snow off the pavement.
The second photo today is back on campus, on the way to the main parking lot, near these two buildings, the Ned Hatathli Center (administration, museum, and large classrooms) and the North Hogan.
Yesterday when she got to the college, Louise said the temperature outside her car was 2 degress. Today at noon it was 37. A real heat wave! Last summer, I remember it being 109 at least once over the Chuska Mountains in Shiprock, NM.

No comments: