Saturday, February 2, 2008

Special Olympics Fund Raiser




Navajo Nation Special Olympics did fundraising activities today, including visitation of several of the "current princesses" at Garcia Restaurant, connected to the Chinle Holiday Inn. At breakfast, I visited first with Dorothea R. Paul, Miss Central Navajo. I asked about Miss Navajo Nation and learned that she is in Phoenix for the Super Bowl festivities. However, Dorothea had post cards of Miss Navajo Nation that were being sold for another fund raiser. Of course, I bought a few. Then other princesses came. The other photo is Dorothea and me and Yolanda Jane Charley, Miss Eastern Navajo, and Crystal Littleben, Miss Central Teen. Much excitement. In addition to the contributed amount from the restaurant of all sale and tips (volunteer waiters and waitresses), I went back to my room to get a check for Navajo Nation Special Olympics. The volunteers held additional fund raisers today, including a fashion show at noon.
Louise was back in Tsaile and called, wanting me home (Tsaile) before she went out which was probably better than my going to the fashion show. Their family crisis is under control, at least for as much as Louise can do. The patient was released this morning from the hospital.
I got my car unloaded for the first time since January 21 and It seems as though I'm home and already settled for several months.
We have two invitations to Super Bowl gatherings, one here at the Student Union and one at Louise's daughter's home near Kayenta. If driving is ok, we'll probably do the latter.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Nice reading your blog, Mom. Where did you watch the super bowl?
The pictures are nice to see. I imagine Addie and Ashlind will be most impressed with the visiting of the princesses.
We miss you.
Have fun.
Love, Linda