Saturday, November 15, 2008

Houston this morning...Sneads Ferry by mid afternoon. This is so much easier than driving!


8am Houston time. I’m in the airport, already through security, at the gate with about 45 minutes till boarding. The good news is that there is good internet connection, and I figure I can finish updating my blog. The bad news is that it is not a free service, and I’m not going to pay to get on the web. I can write some and then add it to the blog if I have time between flights in Charlotte or later today or tomorrow from home.
HOME….that sounds good. To be in my own home, my own kitchen, my own yard, in my own bed, driving my own car. Life is good.
Elsy and Tom got home last night. It was a good trip for them, from a business standpoint and more importantly from a personal standpoint. They are both much more relaxed than when they left five days ago. I had fun with both boys while their parents were gone. My son was impressed with the homework done and test grades received by his sixteen year old this past week. When Elsy hugged me good-bye this morning at the airport curb, she said, “Thank you for everything. You brought a lot of love into the house!” Who could ask for more? On the way to the airport, we talked about possible times together sometime soon.

No comments: