Friday, November 14, 2008

Still away from home after a month more

It's been a month since I posted anything on this site. Tomorrow I fly home to North Carolina, and earlier today I figured if I don't update some of the time I've been away today, it'll probably not happen. After five days in Sedona, I drove to the Navajo Reservation, destination: Tsaile, AZ. On that drive, I went through Flagstaff. It's been a warm fall, and there was no snow by that time, mid October, on San Francisco Peaks. While in Flagstaff, I went to the visitor's center, right in the center of town, next to railroad tracks. While out of the car, I received a phone call from my sister, Pat. She wanted me to know that our brother's mother-in-law (almost 100 years old and just recently fell) was not recovering well, and there was the thought that she was probably leaving this world very soon. Just before the phone rang with Pat's call, a train went by, and I thought of our mother who told us that she loved hearing trains go by when she was a little girl because she always figured someone was on a trip going to some wonderful place. And now I realized that Carole's mom was on her way very soon on the best trip any of us make. It seemed an appropriate sentimental kind of thought as I said prayers for Carole and her mom and all their family during these days of change.
Then it was on to Tsaile for me.

No comments: