Sunday, November 16, 2008

Looking ahead


It's beautiful fall back in this part of North Carolina.
I believe this is my last day to have fun updating my blog with memories since I left home October 4. There are many more photos and memories that have been put into my computer and may sometime get printed for scrapbooks, but not soon. I'm feeling thankful for all the recent experiences and invigorated to start my revised routine back home. I have a commitment with three weekly Baha'i Ruhi Institute new study circles that involve average drives of over two hours round trip each. These begin this week and will run for undetermined length of time, every Mon-Tues-Wed. In additin, I've made a promise to myself to put regular, almost daily (M-F) focus and energy into the Blackwell Book that's been a "must do this" in my life for over twenty years. This commitment will be a personal challenge because I want to treat those hours like serious uninterrupted work time, something I've not done recently except for temporary part-time work with Dine College in Tsaile, AZ. So........... Retured I am............but active with really worthwhile activities. Life is good.

As we approach Thanksgiving, I want to remember...........

"O thou handmaid of God! In this day, to thank God for His bounties consisteth in possessing a radiant heart, and a soul open to the promptings of the spirit. This is the essence of thanksgiving."

Selections from the Writings of ‘Abdu’l-Baha’ page 179

No comments: