Friday, November 14, 2008

Time in Kingwood








There's been time for reading and some crafts, alone or with my younger Texas grandson. My son updated music in my ipod, and I learned why the sound has not been good. I would turn the volume up on the ipod and the speaker, and still, it would be too soft to use in a room with anyone else. The reason? The master control setting for highest volume possible was set low. I could hardly believe it! I wished last spring at Louise's that I could play music in the living room that she could hear or at meetings. Well, now I can.
Most important thing was grandma time with both Texas grandsons. I enjoyed helping Kevin with homework. He's a math whiz like his dad. And he reads several grade levels above his school grade. I bought him a new book for his twenty minutes a day reading assignment. MARLEY. We took turns reading to one another and laughed a lot. My favorite photos from Kingwood will probably be those taken of the seven year old when he played in a water puddle outside the house one afternoon after school. It all happened in less than five minutes until he came in the house and changed wet clothes and shoes, but it was definitely a "kodak moment" for a grandma who loves to take photos.

No comments: