Sunday, March 16, 2008

Almost spilled the beans!



A week ago, on Sunday, my good friend Bertie was in my car, and we were going to the Baha'i Cluster meeting in Lukachukai. There were two caseroles in the back on the floor, and Bertie had her crockpot of beans held between her feet on the front floor. I handed her my camera because I wanted her to take a couple photos as we went down the hill, looking ahead to Lukachukai with the beautiful red rocks of the Chuska Mountains in view. It was late afternoon, and I thought the lighting would be real good. Whoops, I said, that's where it would've been great.

So I did a turn into a driveway and quickly backed out going the other way so we could get that same view again. Continuing my turn around, I went into and out of the next driveway, and Bertie was concentrating on getting the photo. Over went the crockpot. But Bertie was able to save it. Luckily,she had placed foil on top of the pot, under the lid. With a laugh, as she took the photos, she said, "Mike, you almost spilled the beans!"

I hope the photos, even small on this post, show you why I love the drive from Tsaile to Lukachukai, about 15 minutes to the home where we often meet for Baha'i events.

No comments: