Friday, March 7, 2008

Quick catch up

I have not logged on to my blog since the last post on March 3. It's 4:45pm on a Friday at the college....always a very quiet time on any campus....and it's spring break! Really quiet! Security will probably want the offices closed very soon. The library closed an hour ago. I have no where in town to go and get online until Monday, so I thought I should just say everything is fine for those of you who check (thanks).

It is more than fine. Work is going well. I'm getting so much cooperation from staff here, and I'm enjoying the online research I'm doing. The time goes by so fast to work just half time.

My Baha'i Ruhi Institute involvement is wonderful, especially during The Fast. Today we had study circles and devotions in Lukachukai, the "town" just ten minutes from Tsaile where I live and work. For the second time I have homemade stew and fry bread from the devotions gathering that today has to wait till the sun goes down for me to eat and share with Louise.

This weekend will be quiet in Tsaile. The big activity for me tomorrow will be to go to Chinle (Bashas grocery store) to buy more ingredients for two dishes I want to make in quantity for Sunday, some to take to the Baha'i Cluster meeting in Lukachukai and some for Louise and her family members who will be visiting this weekend.

Monday I expect to go to Chinle with Charlotte Kahn. We'll be guests of Annie Kahn (Charlotte's mom) who is doing a presentation to the Appalachian State University group that comes with Pete Reichle every year (different students....same basic trip) This is the trip I came on in 1989 that was a life changing experience for me. Part of what was so wonderful about that trip was the presentation and visit with Annie Kahn, well known medicine woman and teacher of Navajo traditions. She is still a wonderful teacher. Today she shared the thought that the primary reason Navajos are still here as a recognized group of people is prayer, their traditional prayers about all of life. Of course, there was Navajo language shared today, and again I wish I knew a whole lot more.


I know I expected to add photos to my blog this past week. Again, I hope to do it soon. Meantime, stay in touch with what you're doing, by phone or email or comments on this blog. It's 5:20, and Louise is going to wonder, "What's she doing now!" if I don't get "home" soon.

Thanks again for checking in.

1 comment:

cathych said...

Juli has pneumonia! yikes! Richard is teaching a ruhi class at David & Joy's now. The weather here is getting warm & beautiful, I am starting to plant. We read your blog every day!!!