Saturday, January 26, 2008

Amarillo, TX

Yesterday was my longest day of driving. As I left the motel, there was light sleet and not a pretty forecast, but I left thinking I'd stop in the middle of Oklahoma if I had to. Roads were not iced at all, just the windshield. Within a half hour, precipitation stopped, and it was just cloudy for the next few hours. Then the sun came out by noon, and the rest of the day was really beautiful. Cold and windy outside, but warm and toasty and comfortable inside my "Mazda home." Most interesting site was those huge and many wind energy generators west of Oklahoma City. I remember those from the drive out last May, but had forgotten how many of them there are! As far as you can see, both sides of I-40, and all turning in the wind yesterday. They are not in straight lines, but facing differently, to catch the wind no matter from where it blows, I guess. Hmmmm. sounds like it could be a parable to some life experience...........
Today the southwest sun is bright in the clear blue sky, almost no wind, and above normal temperature for right here.
Today is the day I drive into New Mexico and see those big red rock formations that remind me of the area near Gallup. I'll get to Albuquerque, visit and stay with wonderful friends, Curt and Pearl and Pearl's mom. Life is good.

No comments: