Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Gallup, NM


More storms overnight. Schools were closed throughout this section of AZ/NM. The slippery hill up from the Schuyler home early this morning reminded me of our NC home on Niley Cook Road in the late 1970's, watching cars slide around. It was an easy decision to delay my leaving Albuquerque until the side roads there benefitted from the bright sun and above freezing temperatures. That all worked. I left a little later than planned but had a good drive with almost no snow on I-40 except about 20 miles east of Gallup. For all of you Earl's fans, all's well at Earl's. Enjoyed a Navajo taco and visiting, but bought no jewelry or other items
My biggest concern this evening is, Where am I going to watch the Super Bowl game on Sunday? By then I expect to be settled in at Louise's in Tsaile. I'm hoping the student union at the college will be open and the game will be on a tv there. If not, I may have to drive to Chinle to see it. I know I am blessed beyond measure that this is my biggest concern. Feel free to laugh at me. I'm laughing at me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Definitely laughing at you, Mom. Can't believe what a football fan you've become- so much so that you are wondering where to watch the game this weekend. And to think, you want to watch the game and not just the new commercials!