Tuesday, January 22, 2008

So far, so good

It was great to visit Gabrielle Griggs last night and say hi to her husband, Mark, and hug that cute little Pauly who just keeps getting cuter. (Those two guys stayed at home, so Gabs and I could have a ladies night out at the nearby Mexican Restaurant we all like.) We started the talk about their vist to Sneads Ferry soon after I get back. It was good to hear about all the busy Ruhi Institute processes being directed from LGBI.
As I drove away from Hemingway, SC, I listened to gospel songs on 90.9FM, Radio Baha'i...."Put your hands together, and praise Him!" Great way to start the day. The station was clear for me for well over an hour. My favorite spot on the air was when I heard Gabrielle do a short presentation on the dangers of materialism. She contrasted a material person with a spiritual person. She said the material person is stressed and troubled by little things, but the spiritual person is calm under all conditions. Thanks, Gabs. The next time I'm feeling stressed, and I'm asked why, I'll say, "It's just my material self taking over."
Today's drive was close to 400 miles. I'm on the west side of Atlanta. The drive was a combination of a lot of little small towns in South Carolina (I mean like have you been to Yahannah?)and cities, right through the centers of Columbia and Atlanta, quiet country roads through charming residential communities and large interstates with steady traffic, overcast skies, rain, and periods of bright sun. Diversity is the word for the driving experiences of today.
Wireless connection to the internet from my motel room is really cool.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun so far! Has it been a year since you brought Gabrielle and Pauly to Boone? Larry and I were talking just two days ago about them. You are in our prayers ~ Peggy

Audrey Mike said...

Gabs and Pauly and I went to Boone during the April Unity Festival at ASU. She and I first met in Jan 2007, but it seems like we've been friends forever.

Rus said...

Hey Mike,
I missed you during your last visit to Hemingway. I hope that all your travels have been going well! I laughed when you talked about the diverse drive to Atlanta...I make it often these days. Things are definitely picking up pace with the training institute. I don't know if you have seen the new junior youth website yet, but I think you would like it. We are in the middle of developing a children's class one as well.

I hope that you have a wonderful Ayamm-i-ha!!! Please visit our family if you are back in the area. We would all love to see you.

with love and prayers, Rus George

Rus said...

here is the website....
www.lgbijyg.org

thanks, Rus