Sunday, January 20, 2008

Last day in North Carolina until mid-May


PHOTO: Baha'i Feast at Schultz home.............
Good to finally see the sun after many rainy days. By yesterday, I was feeling rather cloudy and stressed from so many gray days, and I was concerned with the last minute chores before being away for four months.
Then I went to Baha'i Feast in Wilmington, NC. After the laughs and the serious concerned sharing and mostly the prayers together, I felt as though the sun was shining again!
With friends in Wilmington, I shared more about the young man in Sneads Ferry who is so sick with treatments for leukemia. Sixteen years old, he and his parents have been at the Pitt Memorial Hospital in Greenville since the total surprise diagnosis a little over two weeks ago. The parents are posting almost daily entries on a carepage website, allowing for all the relatives and friends to know what's going on. Others can add a message if they want. This process makes us all connected and all focused together in prayers for this youth and his family and of course the doctors. With Josiah and his family in mind, a familiar healing prayer from Baha'u'llah was said at Feast yesterday...
"Thy name is my healing, O my God, and remembrance of Thee is my remedy. Nearness to Thee is my hope, and love for Thee is my companion. Thy mercy to me is my healing and my succor in both this world and the world to come. Thou, verily art the All-Bountiful, the All-Knowing, the All-Wise."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike,

This is wonderful. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

Love,
Christine (also Scott, Corey & Emma)

cathych said...

Nice blog, Mike, and a great set of entries before setting off on your journey. Be safe and hope to see you in a few months.