Monday, January 28, 2008

Fun with Pearl















The photo was taken today and shows clouds above the Sandia Mountains.
Still in Albuquerque on a beautiful southwest day, just windy. All around us the weather is not good. I've learned the Navajo word for mud because that's what's on a lot of the reservation now. It rains, snows, rains, freezes, then melts. Whattasystem. That is nature's way in the early spring.
Tomorrow is supposed to be better at least on the main highways going toward the rez, and I plan to leave Curt and Pearl and Pearl's mom. Talked to the dean at Dine College today and he respects my decision to travel the rest of this week, and move into Tsaile, AZ, across from the college on the weekend. This works for Louise, too, where I'll live. Rarely do we get the gift of time with no set plans or responsibilities like I have now for the rest of the week. I'm going to take advantage of this situation. Gallup tomorrow and Sedona for two nights, then, if the Great Spirit sees for improved driving, I'll go to Tsaile on Friday.
Today Pearl and I took off for several hours middle of the day. About noon we said the healing prayer for Josiah in Sneads Ferry and Mary Lou in Wilmington. We drove half way to Santa Fe, to Santa Ana Pueblo (they call it Tamaya) because Pearl wanted me to see a beautiful hidden away resort and spa. We walked around for a while, and it sure is beautiful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful photo, GM!!!!
i'm so proud, hehe.

love bek