Saturday, January 26, 2008

Ya'ah'teeh! from Albuquerque

I'm here at the Schuylers', and of course it feels great. I'm in Curt's office. At one time, he was at the other desk in this room on a computer; I'm on mine; and Pearl was in the office/guest room on her computer doing the Baha'i newsletter. What a way for the three of us to visit! The modern American- (global!) way! But we've also had interaction of course. Curt showed me how to insert accents in msword for Baha'i words (and Navajo words) but my blog won't support that. Darn. I watched Pearl do a beautiful braid with her mom's long hair. I could do a braid like that, Browne girls, next summer on your heads. Pearl thought maybe I knew how to do a Navajo bun, but I don't.
We're going to a Mexican restaurant nearby, and it is wonderful that Pearl's mom wants to go. I've been told before that although they always ask her to go with them, it's more likely she'll go out with us when I'm here and ask.
So happy to be in Albuquerque, I know I'm not yet on the reservation, but like always, even when I come by plane, and moreso, to be here with Curt and Pearl, I feel I've arrived in my Navajo home when I get this far.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mom-
I'm sure that Addie and Ashlind would love a fancy braiding job from you. And their hair will be quite long... Aunika and Addie hope to grow theirs out to donate to Locks of Love maybe this summer.
Say hi to Curt and Pearl
Patty

Anonymous said...

Was good to talk on the phone. Sounds like it has been an exciting trip[ so far.