Thursday, January 31, 2008

Beautiful Sedona


Every time of the year, this spot is so beautiful. I'll be here just one full day, and I need to get out into the cold but gorgeous clear day in Sedona.
National weather today reports storms and ice in many areas that were fine as I drove through them last week. Amazing how that timing worked so well for me.
The photo above was taken from inside my car when I arrived in Sedona late yesterday afternoon. Snow was in the red rocks just on the one side of 89A. With the sun so bright today and no new precipitation, it may be that this was my best view this visit of white in the red.
Learned today that the Portuguese meaning of "Los Abrigados" is the shelters.........Hmmmm. This is definitely a place of shelter from all cares and woes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful wow!

Audrey Mike said...

Ask the girls...they know...as does Hank. Some day you'll have to come out here!

Anonymous said...

that's a cool picture, Mom. We didn't see any snow when we were there, except maybe in the distant mountains. But now I don't remember if we actually saw the snow or you were just telling us how you could when you looked off at some certain spot.

Audrey Mike said...

Patty,
Snow visable in Sedona is rare. I'm not sure I ever saw it till this week. Most years from Oct through June there's snow visable on the top of San Francisco Peaks.
I hoped you would see that last year as we passed through Flagstaff on the way to Grand Canyon, but 2006 was unusally warm and there was no snow on the peaks when we were there mid-Nov.